POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene : Re: Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons are cool!!!! - Updated Athene scene
From: Chris Purdy
Date: 13 May 2002 14:13:03
Message: <3ce0022f$1@news.povray.org>
I know I'm still learning... but I'm not understanding how I "overdid"
it.... isn't povray just calculating the way the photons that are reflected
off the water would look?  I can remember times then I have seen this much
caustic reflection off swimming pools near sunset.

Is there a way to "tone it down"?  If I decrease the photon spacing, I get
nasty speckles everywhere, and if I use a fixed number of photons I get the
same problem.. I stopped using a fixed number when I got up around
10,000,000 and started getting low on memory.

Any of you photon experts, help!!! :)